Below is my personal bibliography, which will always be incomplete. I want to acknowledge who and what is part of creating carrie, because I stand on the shoulders of geniuses and hope to add a decent voice to the mix.
- A Wrinkle In Time
- Left Hand of Darkness
- The Female Man
- La Isla Bajo Del Mar
- Burk, Connie. 2011-05-24. “Think. Re-Think.: Accountable Communities” in The Revolution Starts at Home: Confronting Intimate Violence Within Activist Communities. edited by Ching-In Chen, Jai Dulani, and Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha, Leah Lakshmi. Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
- Bent-Goodley, Tricia (Jul 2009). A Black Experience-Based Approach to Gender-Based Violence. Social Work 54. 3 : 262-9.
- MacKinnon, Catherine A. 1989. Toward a Feminist Theory of State. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- Baldez, Lisa. “Elected Bodies: The Gender Quota Law for Legislative Candidates in Mexico.” Legislative Studies Quarterly 29, no. 2, May 2004, 231-258.
- Dahlerup, Drude and Lenita Freidenvall. “Quotas as a ‘Fast Track’ to Equal Representation for Women.” International Feminist Journal of Politics 7, no. 1, March 2005, 26–48. doi: 10.1080/1461674042000324673.
- Htun, Mala N. and Mark P. Jones. “Engendering the Right to Participate in Decision-making: Electoral Quotas and Women’s Leadership in Latin America” in Gender and the Politics of Rights and Democracy in Latin America edited by Nikki Craske and Maxine Mayneaux. New York: Palgrave McMillan, 2002, 32-56.
- Krook, Mona Lena. “Gender quotas, norms and politics.” Politics and Gender 2, no. 1, 2006, 110-118.
- Lenoir, Noëlle. “The Representation of Women in Politics: From Quotas to Parity in Elections.” trans. Bernard Mills. The International and Comparative Law Quarterly 50, no. 2, April 2001, 217- 247. Available at
. Accessed December 7, 2011
- Tamang, Seira. “The politics of conflict and difference or the difference of conflict in politics: The women’s movement in Nepal.” Feminist Review, 2009.
- Towns, Ann E. “Legislature sex quotas and cultural rank” Chapter 7 in Women and States Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- “What are Community Accountability & Transformative Justice?,” Transformative Justice: resisting all forms of violence, accessed February 5, 2012, http://www.transformativejustice.eu/?page_id=16.
- International IDEA, Stockholm University and Inter-Parliamentary Union. The Quota Project, www.quotaproject.org.